Sunday, October 9, 2011

Yeah, I Could Shoot like a Champ.

This should say "Chupacabra Crossing"

So, I was sitting on the couch the other day, watching deer hunting with the DH ... yeah, we live in KY. Anyway, he has this insatiable obsession with me going with him one day like I'm going to fall in love with slaying furry animals and want to hang their taxidermy'd carcasses on my wall. He keeps asking me to wear camo and offering to buy me a rifle. I think it's his inner redneck breaking to the surface. Clearly, I haven't beaten it down enough, but I fear if I do, we won't have meat this winter. And let's face it, deer meat is delicious!

Ultimately, our banter goes a little something like this...

Matt -- You should really go hunting with me sometime.

me -- I don't like to kill things. Why would I do that?

Matt -- You want to go alligator hunting.

me -- Well, yeah, that would be awesome. But you can't cuddle an alligator. It's less like an animal.

Matt -- You can't cuddle a deer.

me -- Sure you can. You're just not trying hard enough.

Matt -- ::silence:: ...I'll bet you'd be good at it though. Or bird hunting. You're death on birds. Remember all of those babies you tried to save from the neighbor's cat when we first got married? They all died, and you didn't even have to try.

me -- ::angry eyes:: You suck at convincing people of things. How is it you're good at your job?

Matt: I'm just saying you'd be awesome at it.

me -- This is probably true. You know how I stumble into good luck. I'd probably end up shooting a chupacabra or something. Then we could be on the news for something non-meth related ... not that we've been on the news for meth, but the state of Kentucky in general. It'd put us back on the map.

Matt: ::long pause::You're not right...

And that's an accurate assumption. I may not be right, but I'm happy and not covered in camo face paint. So there.

1 comment: